It’s Tuesday! And that means it’s time once again for Top 10 Tuesday, hosted by The Broke & the Bookish. This week is a freebie week, so we can choose whatever topic we like. I had a bit of a think about this throughout the week and last night something popped into my head so I decided to go with it.
Top 10 Series I’ve Fallen Behind On/Haven’t Completed
- Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward. To be honest, this is kind of intentional. The series has kind of always been hit and miss with me – some books are fantastic but others just never seem to quite cut it. However I did intend to read the books about the previous couples….I read The King and then there was one with Rhage and Mary that I wanted to read but just haven’t gotten around to it.
- Weather Warden by Rachel Caine. I own all of these and have read the first 2 or 3. I’m not sure why I haven’t read the rest because I really like them.
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I think I read the first 2 of these and I thought they were amazing but never went any further.
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. I even have no excuse for this one. I’ve read the first book and I own the second book. It’s sitting on the top shelf of one of my bookcases, the shelf specifically for “books that came out a while ago now that I haven’t got to that I still really want to”. I think part of the trouble might be it’s been so long since I read the first and it was quite a complex story, that jumping into book 2 might be like going in blind.
- Cormoran Strike by Robert Galbraith/J.K. Rowling. To be 100% honest with everyone, the first book in this series was the first book I ever read by J.K. Rowling. I’ve never read any Harry Potter. I enjoyed The Cuckoo’s Calling and was pretty excited it was going to be a series……and now I have yet to read the next 2 books and I think another one is coming out later this year.
- The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. This series has its critics but it also has a lot of devotees. I own the first 4 or 5, I got them really cheap at a discount book warehouse years ago. I’ve read the first one and it was okay although the ending was a painfully obvious ploy. I feel as though I should read the rest, I mean I own them and all. Just haven’t yet.
- Divergent by Veronica Roth. Haha this is bad. I’ve still only read the first book.
- Daughter Of Smoke And Bone by Laini Taylor. Another one where I’ve only read the first book and now I fear that it’s going to be the same problem as the Bone Season series. It’s been so long since I read the first book that I’ve probably forgotten most of it and I’d have to read it again before I read the rest.
- Throne Of Glass by Sarah J Maas. This is basically the story of my life: I read the first book. I liked it. For some reason I never end up reading the rest. How many books are there in this series now? Seems like every time I turn around people are going crazy about the latest one coming out.
- The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa. I actually managed to read more than one of this series but for some reason I haven’t read the third book in this or the series that came after it, The Call of the Forgotten. Maybe I have an aversion to finishing series’?
And so these are the ‘big’ series that I think I need to get moving on and finish or get myself up to date….although it’s the age-old problem of a chronic reader: too many books, so little time! Which ones do you think I should make a special effort on? Let me know!