Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke & the Bookish featuring a different theme each week. This week our topic is:
Top 10 Books Recently Added To My TBR
1. A Small Madness by Dianne Touchell. I had to buy this due to Danielle’s review at Alpha Reader. Aussie YA that, from all accounts packs an extremely powerful & emotional punch with a relatively short page count. I’m looking forward to this one and I’m waiting until I am just in that moment when I know that I’m ready for it.
2. What She Left by T.R. Richmond. This just arrived the other day, it’s set for an April release here in Australia. Seems like a mystery/crime/thriller centering around the death of Alice and an academic who pieces her life together. Sounds really intriguing and I can’t wait to get to this one.
3. The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George. This one arrived this week too and so far the two words Paris and bookshop in the title make this seem like a winner already, before I even read the blurb. Plus I adore this cover.
4. The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl by Melissa Keil. A couple years ago I read Melissa Keil’s Life In Outer Space and absolutely loved the heck out of that book. This was released last year but I didn’t pick it up until recently, during the same trip that I bought A Small Madness. More Aussie YA with which you basically cannot go wrong.
5. Animal Magnetism & Animal Attraction by Jill Shalvis. These were cheap in iBooks the other day and I have heard good things about Shalvis, this series in particular so I ended up nabbing them for those moments where you’re just after a fun contemporary feel good read. That’s what these covers look like, I’m going to be surprised if they turn out to be emotional rollercoasters that rip my heart out or something.
6. My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante. My husband was reading something recently which said ‘if you only read one book this year, make sure it’s by Elena Ferrante’ or something along those lines. We’d never heard of her so a quick google and I decided to start with this, the first in a trilogy which has been translated from the original Italian. I don’t read a lot of translated fiction.
7. Every Move by Ellie Marney. The third in the Every series and basically I just need this book in my life yesterday.
8. Captive Prince & Prince’s Gambit by C.S. Pacat. I got a copy of the first 2 volumes of this series recently. It’s perhaps not something I would’ve normally chosen for myself based on the blurb or just the genre but the publicist had a great pitch with lots of interesting information and it really made me pretty curious! The first one is released traditionally in April here and the second follows a couple of months later, so I’ll be reading the first of these pretty soon.
9. Kissing In America by Margo Rabb. Whenever I get an ARC a couple months out from the release date, I know that the pub is super excited about it which always makes me a bit excited too. This seems made of win – romance novels, a road trip…. YES! Come at me.
10. Northern Heat by Helene Young. The upcoming release from my favourite romantic suspense author. Can’t wait to read this!
So these are just some of the books I have added to my TBR recently, some of the ones that I am most excited about. My TBR is pretty much permanently out of control and I suspect that reading everyone’s posts this week is only going to make things much worse!