In 2014 I took some time off from challenges, just doing the ones which required me to read books by Australian authors both male and female. But I really enjoy challenges so I am signing up for a few to do in 2015. I’ve seen the Eclectic Reader Challenge, hosted by ShelleyRae at Book’d Out being done over the past few years so this year I’ve decided to make that one the first one I sign up for.
- The challenge will run from January 1st – December 31st 2015.
- Select, read and review a book from each category listed below during the year for a total of 12 books. A book may be in print, electronic or audio format.
- You can choose your books as you go or create a list in advance. You may combine this challenge with others if you wish.
- Where a book is identified by more than one genre eg historical romance, it may only count for either the historical fiction or romantic fiction genres – not both.
- You can read your chosen titles in any order, at any pace, just complete the challenge by December 31st 2015 to be eligible for the prize drawing.
- Retellings (of fairytale, legends or myth)
- A book set in a country starting with the letter S (eg. Sweden, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Slovakia)
- PI Crime (fiction featuring a private investigator)
- A novel published before you were born
- Contemporary romance
- Fiction for foodies (fiction featuring food/food related business)
- Microhistory (Non Fiction)
- Science Fiction set in space
- Sports (Fiction or Non fiction)
- Featuring diversity
- Epistolary Fiction (fiction written in the format of letters/emails/diary entries)
- Middle Grade/YA Adventure
I have decided not to make a list of titles to read before I start – I’m just going to wing it and see what comes up. Some I will specifically have to hunt down most likely, such as Science Fiction set in space (although I do have an idea for that one), Retelling, Microhistory (right after I actually google that) and possibly the foodie challenge. For some others, I’m sure I’ll have plenty of books next year that will fit into the categories. I’m going to try and tick one category off a month and most likely the category I tick off in January will be Contemporary romance, simply because I already read so much of it. Most of the other categories will push me though, which is fun.