Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a different book-related topic each week. This week:
Top 10 Books On My
Summer Winter Reading List
Once again I have to reverse this as it’s winter here in Australia and getting pretty chilly! Still, there will be some summery books on my list…I can dream, can’t I?!
- Second Chance Summer, by Morgan Matson. This just arrived last week and I can’t wait to read it! I really loved Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour, Matson’s first novel and this one is surprisingly thick. I am super excited to pick a perfect day and sit down and hopefully read it in one sitting!
- Two Weeks’ Notice, by Rachel Caine. The second in the Revivalist series. I read the first novel, Working Stiff, and absolutely loved it. I’ve been hanging out for the second novel ever since – very interested to find out what is next for Bryn. I have a copy of this one but I’m saving it until I go on holiday in July.
- Pushing The Limits, by Katie McGarry. Marg recommended this one to me a little while ago and since then it’s been popping up everywhere on my radar. I know a few people who have read this and loved it and one person who read it and didn’t love it quite so much. I’m pretty interested to give it a go and see what I think.
- Something Like Normal, by Trish Doller. I’ve been wanting to read this for ages now! I first heard about it so long ago, on a blog the author contributes to. My Goodreads says it marked it as TBR on the 26th November 2010! So there we go – quite a long time! Hopefully I’ll be receiving it in the next month or so!
- I’ve Got Your Number, by Sophie Kinsella. I love Sophie Kinsella but I haven’t read her latest release yet! I have a copy arriving soon though so I’m really looking forward to it. I haven’t read all of her stand alone novels but I have liked most of the ones I have read so I’m thinking this one should be fun.
- Onyx, by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I read Obsidian just recently and loved it so I’m looking forward to this one, the next in the series. Interested to see what’s next for Kat and Daemon after the way in which Obsidian ended.
- Spark, by Brigid Kemmerer. The second in the Elementals series, and I’m so keen for this! I actually have a copy thanks to the publisher and NetGalley but I’m being good and holding off a bit until much closer to the release date! Mostly because that way the wait between 2 and 3 will not be as long!
- Gold, by Chris Cleave. I’ve read Cleave’s previous novels and although I’ve had some issues, predominantly with both their endings, I really love the stories he tells and the way he writes. I’ve been hearing amazing things about this one so I’m really interested to pick this up and get into it.
- The Masque Of The Red Death, by Bethany Griffin. I haven’t ordered this yet but I plan to – love the cover, love the idea. I’ve heard some mixed reviews but mostly good rather than bad so I’m pretty interested to see how I find this.
- The Inn At Rose Harbour, by Debbie Macomber. I have a bit of a soft spot for her books – I’ve read a lot of them over the years and they totally changed my perception that books revolving around a knitting shop can’t be interesting. I enjoy her characters and yes, they’re a bit soppy and overly sweet at times but sometimes they’re just what I need.
Interesting to see if after the winter season, I’ve actually read any of these! I make lists all the time of books that I want to read soon or think would be perfect for a certain time of the year and half the time I get distracted by other books and end up reading very few or maybe even none! I’ll have to revisit this list in 3 months time to see how I went.